1. What payment methods do you take?
Payments are processed through cash, credit card, or debit card. Card payments are processed securely through Square, a credit card processing solution. An invoice is provided at the time of payment.
2. What is Cash-Based billing?
Cash-based billing means that patients pay directly with cash, credit card, or debit card, at the time of service or treatment provided at Body Mechanic's Physical Therapy.
3. Why Cash-Based?
The cash-based billing model is used to simplify the patient experience. At an affordable flat rate, we want to provide the best services or treatment to address your health and wellness needs. There are several other benefits through a cash-based service:
Transparency and reduction of overall healthcare costs.
- Reduce the number of clinic visits.
- No Co-Pays.
- No hidden costs or fees.
- Time effective treatment.
- Patient education focus.
Up to 30 days initial access to a Physical Therapist; unlimited treatment sessions within that time.
- Body Mechanics Physical Therapy is considered out-of-network with most insurances. In the state of Florida, the patient has the option to select a Physical Therapy provider of their choice without a referral for up to 30 days (this is known as limited direct access). If patients want to continue treatment after 30 days, a referral from a MD, nurse practitioner, chiropractor, or podiatrist will be required.
- Within the 30 day access window, there is no limitation on the number of treatment sessions received. Patients have the flexibility to coordinate their treatment plan with their schedules; your time is valued and we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of services and treatment.
Health Insurance not required.
- Health insurance is not required to receive physical therapy services. Many patients need Physical Therapy but do not have the appropriate insurance coverage to obtain a referral to see a Physical Therapist.
- Your time is valuable.
- No wait times and reduction of clinic visits help you save both time and money with flexible scheduling and customized treatment plans.
- Cash-based clinics provide the opportunity for patients to get the healthcare they need, when they need it.
- Our patients have access to communicate directly with our Physical Therapist outside of the clinic to discuss any questions or concerns with scheduling or therapy needs.
Quality of care.
- Different from quota-based clinics, patients receive one-on-one focused care with flexible scheduling. By enabling patients to get the attention and treatment they need, patients are more likely to accomplish their healthcare needs to relieve pain and discomfort, build strength, and getting back to their daily lives.
4. Do you take health insurance?
Health Savings Accounts (HSA) are accepted at Body Mechanics Physical Therapy as form of payment. Please keep all receipts and talk to your insurance/HSA provider for more information.
Body Mechanics Physical Therapy is an official out-of-network partner for Florida Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Payments are still made onsite for BCBS insured patients after physical therapy services, and they will be provided with an invoice with the appropriate clinic information and medical codes. The patient shall submit this invoice to BCBS for processing.
Other insurance providers can still be applied only if you are eligible for reimbursement benefits through your insurance plan. Body Mechanics Physical Therapy will provide an invoice with the required information for the patient to submit to their insurance provider.
The invoice you receive will include the clinic information, ICD-10 and other medical codes, and the amount billed for the service or treatment session that is paid for out of pocket.
Patients can then use this documentation to submit a request for reimbursement; and the reimbursed cost is processed directly from the insurance provider to the patient.
Disclaimer: Body Mechanics Physical Therapy provides the required documentation, but is not responsible for reimbursement processing. Insurance companies reimburse patients according to their out-of-network benefits. Reimbursement benefits vary from company to company. Please make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the reimbursement eligibility and process through your insurance provider.
5. What about Medicare?
Unfortunately, Body Mechanics Physical Therapy does not participate in Medicare. Therefore, we cannot provide services to Medicare patients through Medicare. We are however able to treat patients if you are not using your Medicare benefits.